Sunday, May 01, 2005

FAQ's

These will be added to as back-tack progresses, with the newest being added at the top of the list:

- Won't the recipient of my fabric/notions holder figure out who I am by my address on the parcel? Well, not unless they know you personally (in that case maybe think of another address you could use), otherwise just don't put your name, put your first initial and surname and your address.

- Do we send our fabric, embellishments etc anonymously, or just the finished product? Great question! You send everything anonymously and will unveil yourself at the end to both of your assigned back-tackers.

- Do we contact our matchups and let them know we're lurking and sending? Yes please. Lurk at their blog, email them. All anonymously of course!

- I hear there's a fabric discount offer? Yes, the details are in the email we've sent you with your matchups. The offer if offered to back-tackers and is valid for the month of May.

- What's this about photo's? Each back-tacker will supply two photo's. The first to be received by 31 May is a photo of the fabric they receive. The second to be recieved by 30 June is a photo of the finished notions holder and items they supply with it. Photo's to be 400 x 400 pixels at 72dpi saved as optimised for web.

- Can I post about the items I receive on my blog? Of course, we'd love it if you did and it will also be appreciated by your fellow back-tackers.

- When I send the fabric do I also send the items to be included in the finished holder? No, it is up to the person who sews the holder to fill it to suit their match.

- Who can participate? Anyone with a blog (some sewing experience would help!), anywhere in the world.

- Can I use other items from my stash to create the pouch? Or can I only use what is sent to me? You can use items from your stash, it’s encouraged.

- What if I don't receive my fabric in May? Please let us know. Send an email to
backtack@gmail.com and we'll send the heavies 'round wielding seam rippers.

- Will there be “Angels” if I don’t receive anything? At the moment, no (that’s the short answer). However please do let us know of any problems and we’ll do our best to sort it out, we may request Angels later.

- What if I can't send my fabric or finish my pouch by the deadlines? Let your receiver know and let them know when it will be arriving, however please try to meet the deadlines. Allow for postage time. We know international post (airmail) can take between 5-10 working days.

- Is there a minimum MONETARY contribution? Yes 1/2 yard (or 1/2 metre if you're metric) of outer fabric and same again for fabric for lining. It would be great if you could send some other embellishments like ribbon, buttons, zips, felt, beads etc and similarly some gifties for the finished pouch, but this isn't compulsory. Plus, postage for both sending the initial fabric, and for sending the finished product.